This online workshop is geared toward helping you create a solid plan to make an infographic.
Time: 10:30am – 1:30pm Arizona Time (See your time zone)
Price includes processing fee ($0.30 + 2.9%).
This is an interactive workshop. You’ll get LIVE experience:
- giving and getting feedback on simplifying your science
- writing concise text about your topic
- crafting an infographic plan
- getting feedback & edits for an infographic plan*
In this interactive 3-hr workshop, here’s what you’ll get done!
- learn ways to simplify science to create text for your infographic
- explain science to a peer and get live 1-on-1 peer feedback
- learn design principles
- draft an infographic design
- * several designs will get live feedback from Gaius and peers
*If you want further assistance perfecting your writing and design, you may add on a 1-on-1 session with Gaius at a reduced cost (Reg. $35). Previous workshop participants have found this to be extremely helpful.
What to bring:
- An open mind
- A scientific abstract or writeup of the infographic you want to create
- This will be a guide for you to explain the topic to someone outside your field
- Computer with microphone and a webcam
- Paper and pen/pencil might be helpful for taking notes
- There are no refunds, cancellations, or transfers available for this workshop.
- Registration closes 48 hours before the event.
- The day before the event, you will receive a link to the video conference call at the email you provide! Please contact me at least 3 hours in advance if you do not receive the email.
- Prepare to arrive for the workshop 10 minutes early to address any potential technical issues.
- We will be using Zoom for this workshop. If you’d like to check it out beforehand, please go to their website and create an account. An account is NOT required for the workshop.